Address : 24, Tribunal street
This house was built between 1227 H/1812 AD and 1235 H/1819 AD by Hamouda Lasram, chief of the Zouaoua Guards and wealthy farmer. The Municipality of Tunis bought it in 1964 and turned it over to the Association for the Preservation of the Medina which uses it as its headquarters. Like most other palaces found in Tunis, the building is composed of several parts: a main house where the family used to live with a central courtyard surrounded by apartments, an upper floor for guests, quarters for servants and annexes (stables, storage rooms). The access to these intercommunicating sections is through a "Driba" which opens on the street. Servants quarters and annexes may also be accessed directly from the street. The rich decoration (stucco naqcha hadida, ceramics and marble) is of Andalusan, Ottoman and Italian styles.